Yesterday was our first official trick or treating adventure! Seeing as how this was going to be a milestone Halloween I figured I should make the kiddo's costume myself. She's been talking about dressing up as a witch for some time now so I just went with it. A trip to Joann's for fabric + one very late night of sewing resulted in the sparkly, puff sleeved number pictured above. Since I didn't have time for any pattern drafting, I just used a peasant dress pattern I had and layered the sheer sparkly fabric over some black quilt weight cotton for the sleeves/bodice. The skirt is a layer of crushed tulle over the cotton fabric. A bit of shirring around the neckline and sleeves and it was done. I'm happy with how it turned out and even better...Sydney was beyond excited to wear it. Win!