I've been following along with Lil Blue Boo's 2 Weeks of Photography. Lots and lots of great info there, btw, if you haven't checked it out. There's also a photo contest going on and the photo above is my entry! It's also one of my first 'successful' attempts at shooting in manual mode. Fun stuff!
This one was definitely a contender ;) Not sure if that's supposed to be a smile or a growl though.
So, along with playing around with my camera, I also broke down and bought a new iron. I may have mentioned it before but irons and I don't get along. Which is rather inconvenient given that I like to sew. A lot. I've tried cheap irons and I've tried pricey ones. No luck. The cheap ones quit getting hot after a few months and the expensive ones leak water like crazy. The last two irons I had were Rowentas, both the same model (the first was exchanged for another when it started leaking). Well, Rowenta #2 started leaking as well. Water would just start pouring out of the sides and bottom of the iron. Not cool and really messy. Crazy me, I went and bought another Rowenta yesterday. A different model this time though. I call it the beast. It's ginormous. I have reeeeeally high hopes for this iron. Fingers crossed!
I was recently asked in an email how to reply to blog comments via email. It's how I reply to the lovely comments you leave here so here's how in case you're not sure how that works (these instructions are for Blogger, I haven't the slightest clue how all that works for other blogging platforms!) :
1. From your dashboard, click on Settings.
2. Next, click on Comments.
3. Scroll down until you see Comment Notification Email. Enter whatever email address you want your comment notifications to be sent to. Make sure to hit the Save button on the bottom of the screen.
4. Now, whenever someone leaves a comment on your blog, you'll receive an email that contains the comment and you'll be able to reply to it!
One caveat. . . .if the person who leaves the comment does NOT have an email address linked to their blog, you'll see this :
instead of their email address. You won't be able to reply to those comments via email.
If you would like bloggers to be able to reply to your comments via email, follow these steps:
1. From your dashboard, go to the left of the screen (next to your photo) and click Edit Profile.
2.Make sure the following is checked under the Privacy Sections
- Share My Profile
- Show My Email Address
3. Under Identity, enter the email address you want to use.
4. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click Save Profile.
Now fellow bloggers should be able to reply to your comments via email. If any of you have any questions or topics you think would make for a good 'blog tip', let me know! If it's anything I am familiar with, I'll share it here.
Have a great weekend!