I' ve Lost My Mojo!
For the record, I despise the word 'mojo' but it's the only word I can think of that sort of fits. That or I could say I have the sewer's version of writer's block. Either way, it isn't pretty. Lately, projects just aren't turning out. My pile of "hmm, I'll fix that later" is growing steadily and it frustrates me. I've got lots of things that need to be made or done:
1. stuff for the shop, of course
2. items for the blog swap I signed up for
3. things I've promised friends (sorry, Lyann!)
4. figuring out how to adjust the column width on this blog so things aren't so crowded. HTML is not my friend.
5. major clean up - My sewing room is a hot mess at the moment! My fabric collection is quickly outgrowing what little space I have but it's not like I can just quit buying fabric, ya know?!?
6. and last but not least, CHRISTMAS!!!Gifts need to be made. Yikes.
So, how do I plan to tackle these issues? Avoidance! I'm putting the work aside and am trying out a super cute bear softie pattern. Looks simple enough and if I mess that up too, well, I don't think my almost 2 year old will turn her nose up at it. Maybe sewing just for the sake of fun will cure me of this funk! Then it will back to business as usual!
I have managed to accomplish one thing this past week: I overcame my fear of "THE SERGER" and actually used it to finish up a custom order. I am so loving this serger!!! Made things a lot faster and the pants turned out looking quite nice on the inside (as well as the outside, of course). If you are in the market for a serger and don't have lots to spend, I highly recommend the Brother 1034D. It comes with 2 instructional videos that really help despite being highly reminiscent of a lost episode of the Golden Girls.
*If you are in need of some new sewing projects, check out the "Made" button on the right side of the this page. . . it will take you to a really cool blog FULL of awesome tutorials. Happy sewing!