Syd went to a birthday party this weekend and so I HAD to make her something to wear. Since it was a princess themed party, I originally entertained the idea of making her some sort of frou frou, tulle laden, full on princess dress but I nixed that idea. At the last minute (as in late the night before the party) I decided to just wing it. I combined aspects of a few different dresses I liked, sketched it out, and then hoped something wearable would come out it. Syd was already in bed so I used one of her dresses as a size guide. Lo and behold, the thing fit! Granted, the inside of the dress is a little rough around the edges since I didn't have a pattern or instructions to guide me but I was fairly pleased with the outcome.